Five tips for energy optimization in restaurants
Running a restaurant can be a rewarding experience but it requires a lot of hard work and upkeep. You have to make sure you always have enough food in stock and that your employees are getting paid. You also need to pay your electric bills to keep your facility and equipment in operation.
Your electric bills can be one of the most expensive aspects of your budget. Running a more energy-efficient restaurant can help lower the costs of your energy bills and save you a lot of money in the long run.
Five ways for better energy optimization in your restaurant
- Use Energy Star equipment — The equipment in your restaurant, such as stoves, dishwashers and refrigerators, consume a lot of energy. You can help lower your energy consumption rates by switching to Energy Star certified equipment. Energy Star certified equipment can get the same job done while consuming much less energy.
- Use better lighting — The kind of light bulbs you use makes a big difference in your energy consumption rates. Incandescent bulbs are cheap, but they don’t last long and they require a lot of energy to stay on. Instead, you should use LED bulbs or fluorescent fixtures. These last longer and use much less energy.
- Keep your equipment clean — Regularly inspect and deep clean your kitchen equipment and your HVAC filters and fans. Clogs or leaks anywhere in your equipment and HVAC system can drive up your energy consumption rates.
- Optimize your kitchen layout — The layout of your kitchen may be contributing to higher energy rates. A stove that is close to a refrigerator may make the refrigerator work harder than necessary. Separate your equipment in a layout that allows each piece to function with as few obstacles as possible.
- Get an energy analysis — Energy experts can visit your restaurant and inspect its energy efficiency. An energy expert can identify areas that could use improvement and make recommendations on what to do.
Get an energy analysis from our experts at Energy Optimization
Our team at Energy Optimization operates across the nation to help restaurants and other industries reduce their energy consumption rates. An energy analysis from Energy Optimization can help you make more energy efficient decisions to lower your long-term energy costs and improve the lifespan of your equipment.
Contact us today for more information or to schedule an energy analysis for your restaurant.