Five tips for lowering the energy costs of your supermarket
Running a supermarket is a very big responsibility. People depend on supermarkets to operate smoothly so they can get the food and supplies they need for life. It’s not easy to run a supermarket, though. There are many costs for upkeep, including employee salaries, marketing and restocking. Add on the cost of energy and you’re talking about a lot of money to keep your supermarket running.
Fortunately, there are energy saving solutions for supermarkets. At Energy Optimization, we have a vision of a world that is more efficient in its consumption of energy. This helps keep your costs low while preserving the resources used to create this energy. Below are five tips that will help you lower your energy consumption rates and, ultimately, your energy bills.
Five ways you can lower your supermarket energy costs
- Get better lighting — If you’re still using incandescent light fixtures in any part of your supermarket, you are wasting energy. LED and fluorescent fixtures last longer and consume much less energy. These bulbs are a bit more expensive upfront, but they save you a lot in the long run.
- Use programmable thermostats — You can program your thermostats to adjust the temperature automatically during nights, holidays and other times when your supermarket is closed. You can adjust the temperature settings for when these thermostats kick in and how much they dial back during closing hours.
- Maintain your HVAC — Clogs and leaks anywhere in your HVAC system can force your system to work harder, which uses more energy. Make sure your filters are clean and that any moving parts are not clogged or dirty.
- Invest in renewable energy sources — Renewable energy sources, like solar panels, cost more money up front, but they save you a lot in the long run. Plus, solar panels tend to last longer and require little maintenance.
- Have an energy audit — Consider bringing an energy expert to your supermarket to examine your facilities and systems. He or she can identify areas of poor energy usage and recommend a course of action.
Contact Energy Optimization for an energy analysis
At Energy Optimization, our team members offer energy analysis services to help supermarkets and other businesses save on energy costs. Would you like to talk to one of our team members about what we can do to help you save energy and lower your energy costs? Contact us today to find out what we can do for you.